Harm and benefit of orthopedic pillows and mattresses
For almost twenty years, orthopedic pillows and mattresses with memory effect have been very popular. And what do not say about these products! Some people actively praise them, others remind that they are made of "terrible" polyurethane foam. In this article, we have tried to find out all about this filler to help you understand - so whether the devil is terrible as it is painted.
So, not much history... Viscoelastic polyurethane foam (PU foam) or memory foam - viscoelastic memory foam was developed by NASA to reduce the high pressure experienced by astronauts during the flight. This invention is so pleased with the use of prototypes that after small improvements it was used as a filler for orthopedic pillows and mattresses - first as a specialized tool for rehabilitation in diseases of the musculoskeletal system, prevention of bedsores in bedridden patients, as well as for athletes under intense physical exertion. In the future, PPU has received the widest distribution - for shoes, chairs, pillows for the waist, neck, mattress covers and much more.
What are the properties of viscoelastic foam?
When exposed to heat and stress, this material follows the contours of the body, gently and evenly distributing the pressure, thereby reducing tension in the muscles. After the pressure disappears, the foam again takes its original shape. This property of" memory " was simply irreplaceable for orthopedic products. After all, the effect was more than expected, and orthopedists increasingly recommend PU pillows and mattresses for a number of pathologies associated with spinal curvature, rehabilitation after injuries, for the prevention of bedsores, etc. Now, let's take a closer look at all the advantages and disadvantages of PPU.
- Perfectly support the contours of the body in the right position, evenly distributing the pressure.
- Reduce pain in the neck muscles and / or other parts of the spine.
- Hypoallergenic due to the fact that the foam does not accumulate dust and is completely artificial material, excluding the presence of dust mites and other microorganisms.
- Products from PU are easy and unpretentious in care - enough from time to time to wash the pillowcase or cover, which must be removable. The foam itself can not be washed, it requires only dry cleaning.
- Long service life-foam does not lose its properties over many years of operation.
- Products made of PU foam are not sufficiently ventilated and can not be heated much by body heat. Despite all promises of producers that their mattresses and pillows "breathing", all the same polyurethane foam does not differ in good breathability. Because of this, in a hot room such products may not be very comfortable.
- Many buyers of orthopedic pillows paid attention to a specific smell. Usually the smell disappears after a maximum of 2 weeks. The fact is that after production in the pores of the material remain residual chemical vapors that evaporate within a few days. In the process of operation of PPU harmless. The release of toxic substances is possible only in case of burning or heating above 200 gr. - that's why you can't iron it.
- Some people experience discomfort and inconvenience in the early days of using orthopedic pillows due to unusual sensations and the habit of sleeping on classic pillows. Also, PU pillows may seem too hard if you like to sleep on a soft down pillow. The peculiarity of the foam is also the fact that at a lower temperature it is more rigid and will not take much time until it is heated from the body and becomes soft.
What is the shelf life or service life of orthopedic polyurethane foam pillows? Probably all the owners of these pillows noticed that over time (after 5 years or more) filler (PU) pillows turns yellow. There's nothing wrong with that. Changing the color, polyurethane foam does not change its properties, so do not be afraid of it.
As for the price, the cushions made of polyurethane foam are relatively expensive, their price usually begins from 2 thousand. If you compare mattresses, including mattresses from coconut, latex, spring, etc., mattresses made of polyurethane foam opposite a cheaper and more practical than the others. Prices for these mattresses start from 7 to 10 thousand roubles, depending on the thickness of the mattress and layers.
In General, judging by the reviews, we can conclude that the owners are satisfied with orthopedic products made of viscoelastic foam. When choosing a pillow, it is important to choose the right manufacturer, as well as the shape and size, taking into account individual characteristics. We hope you will make the right choice evaluating all the pros and cons.
And for dessert, we offer to watch a video on how to choose the right height of the orthopedic pillow cushions and get acquainted with the range of orthopedic pillows and mattresses-toppers with Memory effect of our production. And for attentive readers, we have prepared a gift-a discount of 55% on orthopedic pillows-to get a discount, enter the promo code 55off55 in the order basket and the price will automatically decrease.
- Дата создания: 26 Сентября 2018
- Просмотры: 634
- Онлайн кассу можно не применять? Легальные способы решения для интернет-магазинов (видео)
- Flyboard Air – новое слово в мире джетпаков и ховербордов
- Exercises for pregnant women (video)
- Идеи для подарков на НОВЫЙ 2016 ГОД
- Снижена стоимость курьерской доставки и самовывоза по Беларуси и Казахстану
- Удобное решение для иностранных покупателей - прием оплаты через PayPal
- Что подарить на Новый Год 2015 мужчине?
- Как выбрать надежный интернет-магазин?
- Санкции США могут ударить по крупнейшему в мире интернет-аукциону eBay
- 91% российских он-лайн пользователей покупают в интернет-магазинах не менее 1 раза в месяц